Merry Christmas, From Broke Millennial

Merry Christmas Loyal (and New) Readers –

I’m fortunate enough to be spending this beautiful holiday with my family.

IMG_2991Every Christmas morning my parents would go down the stairs first to see if my little sister and I had made the nice list. We stayed up stairs in our rooms until we heard the call, “I think he’s been here!” We’d rush down the stairs to see presents under the tree, but before ripping into them we’d stop at the Nativity.

My sister and I would put baby Jesus in the manger and sing Happy Birthday.

We may both be old enough to legally knock back some spiked egg nog, but we still sing Happy Birthday to Jesus every Christmas morning (and get the “I think he’s been here” holler).

To respect both my family time and the season, I will be disconnecting from the blog this week.

Thank you so much for reading this year and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

And here is a fun awkward family photo for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_2682

And one of my favorite (non-traditional) Christmas songs!

Posted in Millennials
19 comments on “Merry Christmas, From Broke Millennial
  1. I love hearing about Christmas traditions (they vary so much from family to family). My step-sisters and I used to sleep in the same bed together on Christmas eve. This tradition lasted until I was about 16 and we were far too big to all fit in a full-size bed 😉 Merry Christmas to your and yours!
    studentdebtsurvivor recently posted…All is calm…or is it?My Profile

My sister and I still sleep in the same bed on Christmas Eve! Luckily we’re both pretty small and there are only two of us. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

2. Dear Debt says:

Merry Xmas! Have a great time with your family.
    Dear Debt recently posted…I’ve Been NaughtyMy Profile

3. Merry Christmas Erin! I will be disconnecting for a few days as well.
    Grayson @ Debt Roundup recently posted…In Debt? Good Money Manager Provides OptionsMy Profile

4. Nothing could be greater than spending Christmas with family and I am so happy for you that you get to spend it with yours. Wishing you and your loved ones a Merry and meaningful Christmas and a prosperous 2014.
    Jen @ Frugal Rules recently posted…Bah Humbug! A Christmas RantMy Profile

5. Laura says:

I love it! Merry Christmas to you all!

6. Merry Xmas Erin. Enoy!
    Stefanie @ thebrokeandbeautifullife recently posted…How to Deal With Unsatisfactory Customer ServiceMy Profile

7. Enjoy the time with your family! Merry Christmas!
    Tonya@Budget & the Beach recently posted…Merry Christmas/Taking a BreakMy Profile

8. Merry Christmas Erin! Hope you are having a good week away from the blog!
    DC @ Young Adult Money recently posted…Free 2014 Editorial Calendar Download for BloggersMy Profile

Thanks, DC. It was relaxing but mostly great to spend time with my family without feeling a need to rush away to work. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas too.

9. anna says:

Aww, I love your family traditions (especially singing Happy Birthday and putting Jesus in the manger). Hope you had wonderful quality time with your family. 🙂
    anna recently posted…Being Kinder Than Necessary (and Happy New Year!)My Profile

10. What a wonderful Christmas tradition. My family tradition is to spend the holidays together wherever we are.
    James Robinson recently posted…ebooks downloadMy Profile

11. PhpArena says:

merry christmas to you! But is has gone and will come back after a year. It gave us a good time. Thanks God for the great month