9 comments on “What Happened When I Tried to Open an Ally Bank Savings Account
  1. John Green says:

I tried opening an account with Ally, back before I finally cleared up my credit. I was told that because of my credit situation, I could not open a “savings” account.
    John Green recently posted…A Way To Make Christmas And Other Costly Holidays Just a Bit EasierMy Profile

Interesting. I have a credit score in the high 700s, so I doubt that’s the reason. I did recently freeze and then unfreeze my credit reports after some concern over identity fraud. Perhaps that’s the reason!

2. I use ALLY bank and I think they are the best. And I rarely have to wait when I call to speak to someone…no crazy automated maze to run through. They have the best rates too…can’t beat that!
    Andrew@LivingRichCheaply recently posted…Are You a Sports Fanatic?My Profile

3. Sweta says:

I have an idea for a future Frugal Friday post. Have you heard of Bing rewards? You get points for using Bing for internet searches and can redeem the points for things like Amazon giftcards/free Hulu membership and so many other things. I like it better than Swagbucks because it doesn’t take as long as SB to rack up enough points for a prize.

Here’s a referral link if you’re interested: http://www.bing.com/explore/rewards?PUBL=REFERAFRIEND&CREA=RAW&rrid=_331490ab-0c4e-8313-ad15-29d871d5f68b

4. Been a user of Ally Bank savings account for a year now. Hands down, it is one of the easiest banking I have ever done. No minimum deposit. No monthly maintenance. Earn higher rate. What else can I ask for?
    Jayson @ Monster Piggy Bank recently posted…What is The Future of Recruitment in AustraliaMy Profile

5. yureli says:

i set up an online savings account through gecapital.com they are offering .95%

I looked at the reviews of that one too and preferred Ally, but if I don’t get approved perhaps I’ll go with GE Capital! Optimizer+ also has .95%.

6. Amos says:

Its very interesting to learn how much you can earn and save by just your switching accounts. I think such an investment is worth your time.
    Amos recently posted…The Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite MasterCard® ReviewMy Profile

7. Nice one. All it takes is just a little bit of effort from our lazy butts!