RULES & REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. A TWITTER ACCOUNT AND INTERNET ACCESS ARE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU (“ENTRANT” OR “YOU”) AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CREATE A CONTRACT; READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES (“RULES”) ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN PARTICIPANT AND SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) AND GOVERNS ENTRY IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES AND THE RULES, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES LOCATED ON TWITTER. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES AND THE TWITTER RULES, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES WILL VOID A PARTICIPANT’S ENTRY.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter.
ENTRY PERIOD: The Capital One Platinum Card Twitter Party (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 3 PM ET, on June 7, 2016 and ends at 4 PM ET on June 7, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Broke Millennial (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is subject to these Rules, and by entering, all participants age 18 and over agree to be bound by these Rules. Certain restrictions may apply.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Platinum credit card Twitter party sweepstakes with Broke Millennial (“the Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who have a Twitter account, and are over age eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Capital One and Broke Millennial (“Sweepstakes Entities”), and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
New York, NY
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES
Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
4. SUBMISSION ENTRY PERIOD
Entrants may make submissions via Twitter following guidelines outlined in How to Enter (“Entry”) between the hours of 3 PM ET on June 7, 2016 and ends at 4 PM ET on June 7, 2016. Date and time can change based on Twitter’s status. If date and time are changed entrants who have RSVP’d will be notified via Twitter using appropriate hashtag.
5. HOW TO ENTER
- Submissions: To enter the Sweepstakes entrants must submit Tweet during official party hours, between the hours of 3 PM ET on June 7, 2016 and ends at 4 PM ET on June 7, 2016 using #ChattingCredit in each Tweet. Entrants must follow @BrokeMillennial and @CapitalOne.
- Entry: By entering you agree that your Submission conforms to the Official Rules and that Sponsor may disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Submission fails to conform. Submissions must be submitted during the Entry Period.
- There is no limit to the number of entries. Only entries submitted during the Entry Period will be considered.
The prize consists of (1) Amazon Echo [retail value: $179.99].
- All Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except as outlined here or at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide a Winner with their Prize, the Sponsor may elect to provide such Winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value.
- RANDOM DRAWING: The winner(s) will be selected in a random drawing on June 7, 2016 from among all eligible entries received. Winner(s) will be notified via Twitter of their winnings.
- Prizes will be shipped directly from the Sponsor.
By taking part in the Sweepstakes, the participant accepts that unforeseen technical problems linked to the use of computer networks may arise, including problems when connecting to the Internet. Sweepstakes Entities cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the competition. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer Wi-Fi systems, servers, or providers, platforms and/or platform operators, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or other mobile device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
Sweepstakes Entities give no warranty or guarantee in relation to the Prize and accepts no responsibility or liability for elements of the Prize being amended.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, Sweepstakes Entities exclude liability for all loss, damage or claim arising as a result of the Participant’s entry into the Sweepstakes or use of the Prize.
- DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
Broke Millennial reserves the right and the participant expressly agrees that Broke Millennial may use the name and/or pseudonym of the Winner and/or all photographs at whatever location such visual material may be produced. Use may include the Internet, such as Broke Millennial’s website, its social network pages including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc. and all photograph, publicity, magazines, catalogues or the likes.
By participating in this competition, the participant will only be providing information to Broke Millennial. Broke Millennial will store participants’ entry details in connection with this competition solely for the purpose of competition administration, unless participants have given permission for additional use.
Broke Millennial reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes and/or to amend the Rules or change the Prize at any time and without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the official Twitter handle of Broke Millennial.
The Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from the Sweepstakes any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes without any liability if any fraud, virus or other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the administration, functioning or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Sweepstakes), and to select winner from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Competition, Broke Millennial’s decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.